STILL PRESSURE WASHING? SelfClean is an easy-to-use, water-based treatment that fades stains using just the light around us!
Fades organic stains from auto drippings, mold, food, etc. using ambient light
Makes surfaces less permeable, preventing infiltration and deep staining, which makes standard cleaning techniques more effective
Durable; permanently modifies the surface itself; not a “coating” or film so cannot peel, crack, wear off or suffer “hot tire pickup”
Fades many pre-existing stains
Can bead or sheet liquids; not slippery when wet
No significant change in appearance
Green, water-based with no VOC’s or harsh chemicals; can contribute to LEED points
Degrades pollutants so fewer run off into surface waters with rain
Roof tiles dry fast, discouraging fungal growth
Breathes; allows vapor transmission
Stabilizes (cements) sand between pavers/stones
Uses safer, proven ingredients
Single Coat Coverage
1. Apply to clean, dry surfaces.
2. Agitate well just before application.
2.1. Evenly apply Shield continuously and evenly with a sprayer. Apply lightly, only as much as will be
2.2. Leave the surface evenly damp, with a uniform matte appearance, not dripping wet or shiny.
2.3. Do not partially apply or over apply.
3. Allow the surface to dry to the touch, usually within one to six hours, depending on temperature, humidity, etc.
4. Unused Shield may be covered, airtight and dark at room temperature, for later use.
Grout, similar cementitious materials
On top of SelfClean Masonry Treatment
Coverage - residential concrete (sqft/gal) Up to 800 (each coat)
Coverage - commercial concrete, stone, etc. (sqft/gal) Up to 850 (each coat)
pH ~ 9.7
VOC 0 g/L
SelfClean SHIELD is packaged in one-gallon (3.8 l) F-style jugs and five-gallon (18.9 l) pails.
Clean brushes, tools, equipment and flush sprayer with potable water immediately after use.
1. Do not allow excess Shield to drip or run and dry on the surface; the excess may cure to a tough chemically resistant polycrystalline material. The surface should be left uniformly damp or moist with a matte appearance.
1.1. A dried-on excess will largely disintegrate with time and blend in with the surface.
2. May permanently etch glass, aluminum, brass, porcelain or enamel on contact; protect these from exposure to spray, droplets or run-off; do not store, mix or apply using such containers.
3. Do not apply over painted surfaces; Shield may not penetrate and react if surface has had prior treatments. Test sample area for suitability.
4. If the surface will not absorb water, it will not absorb Shield. Test by sprinkling water onto surface.
5. Do not apply below 50° F or above 90° F. Use water spray to cool hot surfaces. Apply immediately after the water evaporates completely so that Shield does not overheat and dehydrate before it penetrates.
6. Schedule application before a dry period when possible. If rain is unavoidable within 6 hours of application, cover the area with an impermeable film.
Eighteen months in original, unopened package.
Shake well before use.