STILL PRESSURE WASHING? SelfClean is an easy-to-use, water-based treatment that fades stains using just the light around us!
Fades organic stains from auto drippings, mold, food, etc. using ambient light
Discourages fungal growth
Makes surfaces less permeable to liquids, preventing infiltration and deep staining, which makes standard cleaning techniques more effective
Permanently modifies the surface itself; not a “coating” or film so cannot peel, crack, wear off or suffer “hot tire pickup”
Fades many pre-existing stains
Can bead or sheet liquids; not slippery when wet
No significant change in appearance
Green, water-based with no VOC’s or harsh chemicals; can contribute to LEED points
Degrades pollutants so fewer run off into surface waters with rain
Roof tiles dry fast, discouraging fungal growth
Breathes; allows vapor transmission
Stabilizes (cements) sand between pavers/stones
Uses safer, proven ingredients
1. Apply to clean, dry surfaces.
2. Agitate well just before application.
2.1. Apply SelfClean continuously and evenly with a sprayer. Apply lightly, only as much as will be readily absorbed.
2.2. Leave the surface evenly damp, with a uniform matte appearance, not dripping wet or shiny.
2.3. Do not partially apply or over apply; an excess may cure to a tough polycrystalline “chalky” film, more visible on denser, darker-colored substrates.
2.3.1. Any excess should be misted with water until absorbed, which will prevent “chalking.”
3. Allow the surface to dry to the touch, usually within one hour, depending on temperature, humidity, etc.
4. Apply a second coat on porous concretes (a third coat may benefit old, carbonated concretes) following steps 1 to 3.
4.1. Depending on surface condition and type, two coats may be necessary. Concrete surfaces may benefit from two or more coats while surfaces such as concrete pavers, travertine or brick may use one.
4.2. Using SelfClean SHIELD as a second coat will provide maximum protection.
5. Unused SelfClean may be covered, airtight and dark at room temperature, for later use.
Grout, similar cementitious materials
Coverage - residential concrete (sqft/gal) Up to 800 (each coat)
Coverage - commercial concrete, stone, etc. (sqft/gal) Up to 850 (each coat)
pH ~ 9.7
VOC 0 g/L
SelfClean is packaged in one-gallon (3.8 l) F-style jugs and five-gallon (18.9 l) pails.
Clean brushes, tools, equipment and flush sprayer with potable water immediately after use.
1. Do not allow excess SelfClean to drip or run and dry on the surface; the excess may cure to a tough chemically resistant polycrystalline material. Any excess should be misted uniformly with water before it dries, which will aid in absorption.
1.1. A dried-on excess will largely disintegrate with time and blend in with the surface.
1.2. Water mist or rain just after application will help absorb any excess; minimize runoff.
2. May permanently etch glass, aluminum, brass, porcelain or enamel on contact; protect these from exposure to spray, droplets or run-off; do not store, mix or apply using such containers.
3. Do not apply over painted surfaces; SelfClean may not penetrate and react if concrete has had prior treatments. Test sample area for suitability.
4. If the surface will not absorb water, it will not absorb SelfClean. Test by sprinkling water onto surface.
5. Do not apply below 50° F or above 90° F. Use water mist to cool hot surfaces. Apply immediately after the water evaporates completely so that SelfClean does not overheat and dehydrate before it penetrates.
6. Even an excess film of SelfClean will dehydrate and cure to a clear glass over a few days; schedule application before an extended dry period when possible. Rain just after application will not harm SelfClean but instead will help it penetrate better; minimize runoff. If rain is unavoidable between 12 to 48 hours of application, cover the area with an impermeable film to prevent “crusting” or whitening of excess SelfClean.
7. Effective up to seven years or more, depending on factors such as application process, illumination, surface porosity, condition and type.
Eighteen months in original, unopened package.
Shake well before use.